3. Re: D.I.Y. With MX391 AT3032 Vs MX391

Subject: 3. Re: D.I.Y. With MX391 AT3032 Vs MX391
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:26 am ((PST))
I measured these mics last year, heres some info.

The AT3032s are pointing forwards and also the MX391 omni's. Except the res=
ponse of the 391's is rather different for the front vs side.

See linked graph:-
http://urlme.net/audio/MX391O-AT3032unref.jpg

The mics are not referenced due to two different measurement times but give=
 a rough idea of the response from 0 to 90 degrees in the same location. Wh=
ich in this case is pretty close.

The AT3032's have a predictable fall off as the source moves off axis.
The Shure capsules still in the housing tend to peak around 8Khz for front =
source, and eventually they are flat for side sources. Aiming them up may g=
ive a more natural impression since the frontal peak may tend to sound "up"=
 unless corrected with EQ.

BR
Mike.

--- In  Emanuele <> wrot=