Re: Sulphur crested Cockatoo(s)

Subject: Re: Sulphur crested Cockatoo(s)
From: "Michael Dalton" mdaltonarielle
Date: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:51 am ((PST))
First a response to Jim ---I think that might be the most expensive dinner =
you ever had! (Wasn't there a program years back about eating exotic animal=
s?) Tastes like chicken to me.
=A0
Martyn, I liked the recording. I've heard cockatoos up close at bird fairs;=
 one hardly needs to listen from across a football-field size building. All=
 birds can make very loud sounds because their transmission system is more =
efficient than ours. I would like to suggest that the birds are just bored.=
 You need to take some time and teach them your language, so you could comm=
unicate with them!
=A0
Mike
Florida
www.ParrotSpeech.com

=A0
Sulphur crested Cockatoo
Posted by: "Martyn Stewart"  mijdog2000
Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:54 pm (PST)

http://soundcloud. com/mijdog/ sulphur-crested- cockatoos

There is nothing like the sound of Sulphur crested Cockatoos to wake up the=
 neighborhood and this is no exception. These raucous birds come in and com=
pete for fruit from the canopies and let you know they have arrived.

Recorder: SD 722
Microphones: MKH-40/0 ms pattern
Tripod mounted with windjammer
300 foot cable: