Re: Cardoid vs Directional mics, opinion(sort of a LS10 vs M10 quest

Subject: Re: Cardoid vs Directional mics, opinion(sort of a LS10 vs M10 quest
From: "Paul Willison" wolfen49508
Date: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 pm ((PST))
Robin, in your opinion, how is the "real world" sound from the Olympus, the=
n? =C2=A0 The Sony (or whatever I end up with), is intended to replace a HI=
-MD recorder, so the built in mic's are secondary to the sound I can obtain=
 from the 3.5mm mic in, with decent quality externals. =C2=A0My impression =
is that unless I spring for very expensive mic's, that the limiting factor =
will be microphone sound anyway. =C2=A0This is why my default was the sony.=
..better sound quality(less noise). =C2=A0 =C2=A0The stereo field itself wa=
s of less importance to me, then the low noise, but if the sound quality of=
 the=C2=A0on board=C2=A0mic's in the=C2=A0various=C2=A0Olympus=C2=A0product=
s is close enough so as to not be really=C2=A0noticeable, then stereo field=
 may come back into play. =C2=A0
I wish someone would just =C2=A0hurry up and make the "perfect" portable re=
corder!