Re: [Nature Recordists] Sony PCM-M10 vs Zoom H4n best for outdoors / cap

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Sony PCM-M10 vs Zoom H4n best for outdoors / capturing frogs in the jungle?

Thanks for your reply. Nice recording, but that certainly is a lot of hiss! :(
One comment was "much of the noise sounds to me like wind in the treetops,
rather than recorder noise". Were you using the Rode Dead Kitten for this one?

I definitely would like to record in quiet and potentially somewhat windy
places...

--- In
<naturerecordists%40yahoogroups.com>,