notes from the Neotropics

Subject: notes from the Neotropics
From: "Kawika" dkuhn012001
Date: Wed Feb 1, 2012 10:27 am ((PST))
Hola Compadres,
I'm out here in Tikal, Guatemala, enjoying the big noisy birds and rich
soundscapes. Not much has seemed to have changed from the '80's when I spent
time here--unlike at home in Hawaii, where the endemics seem to be going fast,
more later on that.
The vicissitudes of travelling with recording gear have dealt a blow--one of my
MKH20's fizzled and expired, so I won't get the soundscapes I dreamed of, like
from Temple IV in Tikal, the sounds from which had a lot to do with inspiring
me to get into recording. My fall-back for soundscapes will have to be a
melding of the one MKH20 with the Telinga--without-the-parabola, mixed in post.
Ah well.
Otherwise I'll do a lot of hunting with the parabola.

Adios,
David