1. Re: New Soundscapes & realism

Subject: 1. Re: New Soundscapes & realism
From: "freitojos" freitojos
Date: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:04 pm ((PST))
Gordon and Mark,
I entirely agree with your tentative to categorize the recordings. I think =
naturecording is about aesthetics ( as in photography the event is irrepeti=
ble) but is also about science and categorization. I don't think we must ma=
ke a choice, the two things are all right: When you categorize aesthetics r=
esist to categorization but exactely this resistence is good to better sens=
e the aesthetics. So I favor a good form of categorization and would much a=
preciate a consensus after a good discussion here if possible. I would add =
that science is ok with purity but aesthetics no, so to me in naturecording=
 the same spirit that makes science, categorization and thinks purity makes=
 art and thinks aesthetics.
Regards,
Jos=C3=A9
--- In  "Gordon Hempton" <> wrot=