Re: Wrapping cables

Subject: Re: Wrapping cables
From: "freitojos" freitojos
Date: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 am ((PST))
Yes,
It is a good exemple, my cable is going to be 50mts and I am going to use 2=
x xlr female on the sennheiser mics and 2x xlr male in mic pre not y cable =
for convenience. Mogami here in Europe are not very cheap 4,5=C2=80 each me=
tter in Italy, the dealer in Germany d'ont sell bulk cables (50mt without c=
onnectors)at least in the site, I am going to ask them by mail in english. =
The other chance is Cordial CSF 450 tinned copper braided screen.
       The Cordial CSF 450 is 2x2 0,5mm2 conductors whish are also tinned c=
opper, low in resistance < 35 Ohm km but relatively high in capacitance 180=
pf/mt.
   I am going to put the two XLR pins one (grounds) in the shield.The price=
 is 1,9=C2=80 metter in Thomman store.
Thank you,
Best regards,
Jos=C3=A9

--- In  "jtudor2005" <> wrote:

> --- In  "freitojos" <josefreitas81@> wro=
te:

> > Thank you,
> > Do you know any cable with other shield, braided shield I think, I am g=
oing to see if Mogami 2930 is the case.
> > Very good point.
> > Jos=C3=A9
>
> Jose
>
> Here are some photos of Greg Simmon's Mogami 2930 stereo cable. Using sho=
rt 'break out' cables (two 3 pin XLRs to one 5 pin XLR)