3. Re: noisy 8020 mics - update

Subject: 3. Re: noisy 8020 mics - update
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:16 pm ((PST))
Thanks Mike!

Obviously I have some more experimenting to do.

I still have an 8020 in my hands (but soon to be sent back to Syntec
for replacement).

The distance from the top of the wire mesh grid to the top of the
element seems to be 5 mm.  The diameter of the element is about 15 mm.

The metal edge at the top of the mic is slightly wavy, maybe
something like 1.5 mm variation.  The highest part of the wavy edge
is about 1 mm down from the top of the wire mesh grid.  Making the
lowest part of the wavy edge about 2.5 mm from the element.  So
that's not very much, and perhaps the flush-boundary response may not
be much affected after all.

I will try flush mounting then compare poking out to diaphragm depth
as you suggest Mike.  And do some googling.

Vicki