4. Re: noisy 8020 mics - update

Subject: 4. Re: noisy 8020 mics - update
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Mon Nov 7, 2011 4:41 am ((PST))
> I'd also look into the latest dynamic mics if a very robust solution
> is needed, while they lack low end and higher noise (16-20 dBA
> depending on the preamp) Ive had no problems with a pair outside
> this autumn, soaking wet with condensation.

My 20+ year old MKH 416's have been outside protected by a tent for
about nine months now in all weathers without a whimper. They don't
make 'em like they used to. :-)

When I was working, we all had on issue an AKG D109 dynamic lavalier
mic (real lavalier with a string around the neck) which we used as a
hydrophone protected by a condom. One day it split and I carefully
washed sea water off the mic. I thought if it had survived that, I
would try dunking it straight into water as a hydrophone and it was
fine as it was totally sealed. From then on there was one item missing
from my expenses claims. :-)

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: