Rich Peet - Are you still here?

Subject: Rich Peet - Are you still here?
From: "jtudor2005" jtudor2005
Date: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:23 pm ((PDT))
Hi Rich (Only way I know how to contact you.)

Some time ago you mentioned in a post on the Sound Devices Forum that the M=
ax File Size on two 'C-Linked' 7xx recorders needed to be different. A larg=
er size was needed on the slave so that when the master splits, it forces a=
 split on the slave.

I've just recorded a choral performance using two 702s, set up as suggested=
. 2Gb on the master and 4Gb on the slave. The master split as expected, but=
 it didn't force a split on the slave. The slave continued to run on the sa=
me file until the concert ended (before 4Gb was reached) and I pressed stop=
 (on the master)

Should the slave get a signal from the master to split the file?

Am I missing something in a setting?

The original forum post is here
http://forums.sounddevices.com/showthread.php?2061-722-x-2-with-c-link-exte=
rnal-power