ME66/K6 battery level indication

Subject: ME66/K6 battery level indication
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:25 am ((PDT))
I got no instructions with my ME66/K6 as it was second hand, but I've
downloaded some from the net and they don't tell me anything about the red
light. Perhaps its function is similar on all microphones and is well known,
but not to me.

It flashes once when I turn it on, and I'm guessing this is to indicate that
the battery is ok. Is this correct?

If that's correct, how do  I know how much life is left?

And if the light doesn't flash, does that necessarily mean the microphone is
now dead? Or can it still function for a while longer once the battery level is
low enough that it doesn't flash?

Peter Shute