Re: The barbaric treatment of Fur Seals in Namibia

Subject: Re: The barbaric treatment of Fur Seals in Namibia
From: "Gregory O'Drobinak" gmo_dunes2
Date: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:56 pm ((PDT))
Martyn:

Your work with these seals is commendable, and your energy is being applied=
 with
vigor. I agree with your message and I hope that the outcome will be good.=

As for myself, I am not in that same stream. I have just begun a new job af=
ter
being laid off for over 2 months and it has taken me to a new place out int=
 the
country, a place I had never known of before, a place where there is an
abundance of wonderful nature all around, yet is has it hitches: all of the=

signs from the DNR in that area tell one that it is "supported by the hunte=
rs
and trappers and fishermen".

Indeed, there are huge fields of corn planted everywhere by the DNR folks t=
fatten up the dear & the game in order to optimize the quality of the kill =
for
the hunter. There is also some industry around there that, fortunately, doe=
s not
project much anthrophony for more than one square miles out of perhaps hund=
reds
of square miles. But the State has gotten funding to develop this area more=
 for
industry which will surely advance the onslaught of anthrophony to cover mo=
re of
the area with obnoxious noise. There are also areas in the nature preserve =
that
are not accessible due to that fact that there are still land mines planted=
 in
the fields.

So where am I going with this? It's simple: the crux of the matter is that =
in
many respects most people don't give a damn about nature, much less themsel=
ves.
And that's really my point.

How do you expect people to care about the killing of nature when they don'=
care about the killing effects that they have on themselves. That, in my
opinion, is what is what the real problem is here, people have lost respect=
 for
one another and the quality of life that so many need desperately every day=
. But
the human killing continues, in often more ghastly ways than what is being=

bestowed on these poor seals. So I wonder, how do you expect the exploitati=
on of
of nature to stop when the exploitation of humans continues?

What is really needed here is a way to change the mindset of how humans val=
ue
one another, then the rest of nature will become valued as well. You can't =
do
one without the other.

I wish you well, but I wish for more than that. It is a *very* difficult pr=
oblem
to tackle. I try every day. I could tell you some stories, but I need to sl=
eep
right now.  :>}

Peace!

-Greg