Re: Field recording in Tanzania

Subject: Re: Field recording in Tanzania
From: "Daan Hendriks" daan_humanworkshop
Date: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:31 pm ((PDT))
Hi Christine,

Thanks very much for your reply! It sounds from your description that
Tanzania is a good place to go to make recordings.

Would you say that out of the two national parks you visited, one would tak=
your preference (especially from a sonic point of view)?
Also, I've been looking around a bit online to figure out what to expect in
terms of prices for a safari with a guide, but most of them don't list
prices on their site. Although I got the impression that a budget safari of
say a few days is around $1200 (excl flights). Is that your experience as
well?
I will get in touch myself with Roy's Safaris LTD to get a quote from them,
but for the moment I am still orientating and trying to work out what I wan=
to do (where to go, for how long).

As for pushing my trip to early 2012, that won't be possible unfortunately.
>From what I've read though, November/December is supposed to be not too bad
in terms of weather, a bit of rain but no torrents (although you never
know...). But yes the wildebeest migration would be spectacular to
observe... Have you heard 'bad' things perhaps from other travellers or
locals about that time of the year (Nov/Dec), i.e. it does not come
recommended for whatever reason?

Well, thanks again for your response and sharing what you know!

Best,
Daan

--
Daan Hendriks - Audiomotif

Sound Design | Music Production | Audio Editing
http://www.daanhendriks.co.uk
<http://www.audiomotif.co.uk/>
http://www.audiomotif.co.uk
+44(0)7842917821