First recording

Subject: First recording
From: "ROSS HALE" oskargypsy
Date: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:33 pm ((PDT))
Hi everyone,

http://soundcloud.com/rosshale/bix-first-mix

I have uploaded my first recording, a compilation of some recent evening re=
cordings made at Bix nature reserve near Henley, UK.
It is about 25 mins long so dip in and out as you please, any advice/commen=
ts are very welcome.

The reserve is in a thickly wooded valley with some large open spaces, on t=
he fringes of which the recordings were made.

Sony M10 with EM172 capsules set in a PBBA along the lines suggested by Rob=
 D. I had it on top of a 3.0m pole.

Many thanks to Rob for the time and effort he has put in to make this devic=
e available to everyone, I am delighted with it !

My apologies for the rather clumsy mixing in places, no filters or eq etc h=
ave been used. There is no dramatic content, just some rather nice song bir=
ds, and some inevitable noise from traffic and jets from Heathrow.

Best wishes, Ross
=20=09=09=20=09=20=20=20=09=09