about Marantz

Subject: about Marantz
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Sun May 8, 2011 5:15 pm ((PDT))

This is to inform the list of my personal experience of marantz service.

I really hope somebody from Marantz is in this list and reads this

this is the story so far:

back in September I realised that for some reason my PMD 661' s preamps wou=
ld not work properly but rather produce lots of noise. I think this is beac=
use I conected some custom made circuit and accidentally phantom-power it, =
but this is not that important

I had bought the machine in the Uk, but at the moment I was in Athens so I =
contacted a local company that is supposed to be the official Marantz servi=
ce in Greece. I waited for approximately 4 months for them to get a part th=
ey had asked from marantz and finally they returned it as is saying they ca=
nnot fix it..

I emailed marantz 2 times asking for information on who can repair it, wher=
e should I send it and what is going on with the guarantee. They never got =
back to me !!!

to conclude:

I was left for months without a recorder.
nobody responds to my mails.
I bought a profesional recorder that I cannot repair nowhere !

Such kind of behavior from a company like marantz is unacceptable and total=
ly unprofessional. I  don' t think I will ever buy something from them agai=
n.

--
Marinos Koutsomichalis
Music Research Center, University of York

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: