Re: New Ultrasonic USB microphone

Subject: Re: New Ultrasonic USB microphone
From: "Pelix" ipelicella
Date: Sun Apr 3, 2011 3:08 am ((PDT))
> There are already a number of similar devices available from Pettersson E=
lectroniK AB (D500X)

> D500X =3D 2099 dollars

surely a good device

> Wildlife Acoustics (Song Meter SM2)

only for audio band, if you need to record ultrasound you must buy an addit=
ional card (not cheap)

> Batbox  (Griffin),

max 32 GB

> EcoObs (Batcorder)

max 32 GB

> and of course the PC-based systems in conjunction with the versatile Avis=
oft-RECORDER software. So, I'm afraid that it might be difficult to compete=
 with all these systems ;-)

You are right I don't want to realize a product similar to the existing, bu=
t I think that there's a niche that could be occupied:
A cheap device (about 300 euros) with multiple SD card (up to 6) small dime=
ntions 100 x 70 mm up to 100 khz bandwith.
With these charateristics almost everyone can buy an autonomous digitale re=
corder and it's not necessary an antitheft.
Furthermore it can be placed in small places.
For all readers: please let me know if my device could be useful or if it's=
 better to leave the work.

Ivano