Re: New Ultrasonic USB microphone

Subject: Re: New Ultrasonic USB microphone
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Sat Apr 2, 2011 12:21 pm ((PDT))
It would be very nice to retain or write a driver for linux. The applicatio=
n Baudline is well suited for audio analysis and supports multiple channels=
. www.baudline.com

I look forward to when you release the final product.

Keep me informed.

-Mike.

--- In  "Pelix" <> wrote:

> > Looks quite interesting, specially the sensible price.
> >
> > What is the self noise of the MEMS mic?
> >
> > Can you connect multiple ULTRAMIC200K's and record so they are *ALL* sy=
nchronized?

> I think that the best way to understand the quality of Ultramic is to see=
 the recordings, I hope to put some file in my website soon.
> you can connect many Ultramic at the same Pc, they are seen like standard=
 microphone with higher sample rate but the sync is dictated by USB protoco=
l:
> Pc ask informations to every single microphone every millisecond and ever=
y microphone send a buffer of 200 sample stored in RAM. So you could have a=
 difference of less or more 200 sample between different microphone.
> I'm working on a simultaneous multi sampler able to sample AT THE SAME TI=
ME on 4 channels at 400 ksample per second for each channel or 2 channel at=
 800 ksps, but there's still a lot of work to do.
> In this case I must use a non standard transfer protocol via USB so it co=
uld be only windows compatible.