New Member.

Subject: New Member.
From: "Martin" splint99er
Date: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:01 pm ((PDT))
Hi Folks,

Having just joined the group I thought I should give you a brief synopsis a=
s to my experience in nature recording.8-))

That is none.... <G>

I have just purchased a Sony MZ-NH700 second hand from Ebay and am awaiting=
 it's delivery.

Hopefully it will do to get me started although I assume that I may well fi=
nd that an external mic would be a good idea.

On that subject has anyone any suggestions for a very cheap mic that I coul=
d use?

I have read the archive threads but it seems to me that the one's suggested=
 are too expensive for me at the moment, the minidisc only cost =A370 so sp=
ending a fair amount more on the mic is not cost effective at the moment.8-=
((

I have considered those mic kits that you can buy for less than =A310 which=
 require a dish, what would be the thoughts on going down that route to sta=
rt with?

I really could do with some sort of directional mic as I have to wear 2 hea=
ring aids which I find very difficult to when trying to determine the direc=
tion as to where the birdsong is coming from when trying to see it with bin=
oculars.8-((

Thanks for reading this.

Regards,

Martin