Re: Trans Noise - Support Needed!!

Subject: Re: Trans Noise - Support Needed!!
From: "Gregory O'Drobinak" gmo_dunes2
Date: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:44 pm ((PDT))
Rob:

Attached is a file with links to the effects of HV transmission on wildlife=
 and
plants and some data on electric/magnetic fields associated with the HV lin=
es.
Pretty nasty stuff! I don't know much about the sound emanations, but I
absolutely will not walk under any of these HV lines because I always get r=
ather
intense headaches very quickly from the HV electric fields. So what does it=
 do
to animals?

Be careful when you deal with the power company folks since they will cite=

studies done on cattle that overwhelmingly point to no ill effects. But the=

links in the first part of the attached file definitely show that birds, tr=
ees
and deer are all affected by the E/M fields.  Remember that there are two p=
arts
to the radiation, electric fields and magnetic fields, each of which has a=

particular effect. For a 345 KV line, standing about 20 - 30 feet outside o=
being directly under one of the outer aerial conductors translates into an=

electric field of about 11 KV/meter which means that (for you, Rob!) the to=
p of
your head will be at a potential of 21,000 volts with respect to the ground=

[check the 'National Grid EMF....' links].
No wonder I get headaches!

BTW, there is a 'trail' that runs directly south of the Dunes National Lake=
shore
that parallels the South Shore Line train tracks. I rarely see anyone using=
 the
Calumet Trail since it runs directly under some HV transmission lines for a=
lmost
its complete length. Guess who sponsored it: NIPSCO, our local power compan=
y!

As for your petition, perhaps I missed some detail as to how I can contribu=
te to
that document. Please let me know the details so that I can help in that re=
gard.

I hope that this is of help to you,

Greg