[Nature Recordists] Re: Upgrade from Fostex FR2LE

Subject: [Nature Recordists] Re: Upgrade from Fostex FR2LE
From: jeremy <>
Date: Sunday, 27 February, 2011, 15:51
=C2=A0

Indeed.

I am upgrading my main recorder to a 4 track. Not sound devices but probabl=
y an edirol with SD302 for preamps.

But i need a guerrilla recorder at times, even smaller than what i currentl=
y have in the FR2LE.

So basically i am getting rid of my fostex and buying 2 recorders:
1 that's bigger with 4 channels and needs the bag/batteries/mics/etc
1 that's small, portable, lightweight, built in stereo mics, low noise, etc=
.

it's the second one of these that i'd love some recommendations for.

Edirol R-09HR?
Olympus LS-11?
Sony PCM-D50?
Sony PCM-M10?
Zoom H4n?

Any thoughts on these recorders? Has anyone used them for ambience /nature =
recording with any success?

cheers all
jeremy

--- In  "Sean" <> wrote:

> Lots of good points made by oryoki
>
> just a point of information but the dr680 can record up to eight tracks, =
four being xlr inputs.

> I suggest keeping the fr2LE and if you want to upgrade, get one of the so=
und devices boxes. Of course, this is much more than your highest budget, b=
ut they are built to last and a lot of sound recordists use them. Perhaps i=
nstead of upgrading the recorder, you can invest in microphones!