Re: UK deer identification?

Subject: Re: UK deer identification?
From: "chrishails50" chrishails50
Date: Sat Dec 4, 2010 12:57 am ((PST))

Just for fun on a snowy morning I had another listen to this and compared it to
my own recordings of Roe Deer, an example of which can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/2vqyd73

I then did a side-by-side Sonogram comparison of David's mystery and my own
recording. Interestingly even though the mystery does sound higher pitched,
more like a yelp, this is not so evident in the sonogram. Maybe a sonogram is
not so useful for broad spectrum calls like these. But I still feel the timbre
and the rhythm is wrong for what I know as a Roe Deer. I do not know Water Deer
or Muntjac from Europe I'm afraid.

The comparison is here:

http://tinyurl.com/3a5p64u

Chris