Re: UK deer identification?

Subject: Re: UK deer identification?
From: "papx88" papx88
Date: Fri Dec 3, 2010 2:35 pm ((PST))

I would plump for Muntjac, it is too high pitched for a Roe deer.
This Roe deer I recorded on the Somerset Levels.

http://www.pp-design.co.uk/roedeer.mp3

Chatting to the reserve wardens on the Somerset Levels, they say that at
present they don't have Chinese Water Deer present, which I think is going to
be a more likely habitat for them, than North Devon. Saying that I have not
seen any Muntjac in Devon either. In Norfolk Muntjac are everywhere, they just
stand on the side of the roads watching the cars go by.

Paul