UK deer identification?

Subject: UK deer identification?
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Wed Dec 1, 2010 1:15 pm ((PST))
Can someone please help me out identifying this deer bark in North
Devon?
http://www.stowford.org/sounds/dr000616deer.mp3
I have a hunch but need confirmation. I don't know yet if I got it on
the trail camera, but the other day I got a smallish deer with a large
round white patch on its backside.

It's s distant recording cleaned up a bit but with interesting echoes
from the woods. I heard it opposite my cottage in conifers and grabbed
my mics but it was moving off down the broadleaved wood before I
started recording. There's a stereo echo from the opposite wooded
hillside and the last barks made away from the mic are strongly echoed
back as a reverb.

Crossed MKH416's at 45 deg; SQN mixer; Tascam DR1

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce