[Nature Recordists] ME67 handling noise progress update

Subject: [Nature Recordists] ME67 handling noise progress update
From: stwebvanuatu <>
Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 5:24 AM

=C2=A0

      Hello again,

As part of my troubleshooting, I suspended my ME67 with elastic bands, and =
tested again for handling noise. Photo of this setup uploaded (it's one of =
the last albums).

Sure, there was noise when I tapped the recorder, if I touched the mic, whe=
n I strummed the rubber bands, but there was no low frequency handling nois=
e when I moved and bounced the mic. I moved the rubber bands closer to the =
bottom end of the mic (not like in the photo), repeated the process, and it=
 was still fine.

I think that what has been happening is the mic slips in my home-made shock=
-mount and pistol grip.

Now, I'm looking to:

a) build a better shock mount

b) buy a proper shock mount (they seem very expensive, any suggestions?)

c) downgrade to a mic that's not so sensitive

Well, at least I don't need to send the mic for 'repair'.

Stephen.