Re: Critter ID/Hearing Test and more...

Subject: Re: Critter ID/Hearing Test and more...
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:42 am ((PDT))
You might be on the right track, Mark. I got an off-list response that
also suggested flying squirrel, which might explain a sound event a
few minutes earlier that could easily be one landing in the leaves
nearby. Also, some further poking around on the web indicates several
small woodland rodent species that occur in northern Minnesota, but no
mention of rats, except the Norway Rat, always in the immediate
vicinity of people.

So for now, I'll tentatively ID it as Flying Squirrel.

Curt Olson