2. Re: portable power

Subject: 2. Re: portable power
From: "corticalsongs" corticalsongs
Date: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:48 am ((PDT))
> I just took a look at the=C2=A0Fostex Fr2le specs and while they didn't s=
ay what the current draw is, but if it can last 4 hours on 4 NiMh AAs, it c=
an't be much. =C2=A0I'd say the Xantrex box would be as good as idling. You=
 can get an easy 12 hours out of it. =C2=A0Normally, with an inverter, I'd =
go spendy on the mic cables - 2 center conductor. At 50 meters though, you'=
re never going to have an issue with RF. They did pass EMC after all. I don=
't even think IR drops would be much of an issue but I'd never buy 50 m of =
any kind of power without a lot of thick wire.

Hi Mark

Also, you should also know that the FR2LE will stop recording once it has r=
eached the 4GB limit. This limit is imposed by the FR2LE's software (unless=
 they have fixed this).

So while the battery may last the night, and the unit might stay on til mor=
ning, it will not be recording.

David