Re: Hi Voltage Transmission Lines

Subject: Re: Hi Voltage Transmission Lines
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:11 pm ((PDT))
Thanks William and Mark--
Great leads/arguments.  Its hard for the developer to argue with the
use of ultra-sonic detectors for _predictive_ maintenance!  Tom sent
me a promising recording I'll study. Hope others made with good VHF
gear can supply some examples too.

Over the past few years, I've been contacted by several people who
wanted to record the sound of the transmission lines near their
houses for litigation purposes. The descriptions of sleep loss and
stress were horrifying.

We are very very fortunate, the naturalists tell us, to have most of
the wildlife we should have here. A few miles away from the Reserve,
populations and diversity plummet. It makes no sense to introduce
any, avoidable stressors.   Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D =3D