1. Re: M/S recording setup

Subject: 1. Re: M/S recording setup
From: "myles.thompson" myles.thompson
Date: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:15 am ((PDT))

--- In  "Max" <> wrote:

> --- In  "myles.thompson" <mmyleso@> wrot=
e:
> The reason I got the mixer was that someone on a forum explained that the=
 pre-amps on the Fostex weren't particularly great - and a mixer with quiet=
 would really help.

> One thing to insert here Myles, is that the info you gathered from whiche=
ver forum it was, was not correct. If you do a check on the FR2-LE on THIS =
forum, you will quickly find that this recorder is highly rated in terms of=
 sound quality, if not quite the same in terms of construction.
> Max

Thanks Max. You're right - I should have come here first. This forum is ama=
zing.

One thing that has come out of this process of figuring out the best M/S co=
nfiguration with my equipment is that I've learned a lot about audio termin=
ology in just a few weeks - rather than having some sort of 'point and shoo=
t' recording setup - which may have been convenient - but would always have=
 left me puzzled by some of the finer details required to get high quality =
sound. I've now taken one small step towards that goal. And I've ordered a =
second cable, to simplify the

I have to agree on the topic of the quality of SQN support. Yesterday I cal=
led Rob Finch their office on the Isle of Man - and he actually wrote a det=
ailed 2-page pdf quick guide just for me explaining exactly how to set the =
whole thing up - within a few hours. Incredible. I've never experienced any=
thing like it.