1. Re: M/S recording setup

Subject: 1. Re: M/S recording setup
From: "Grant Finlay" grantfinlay
Date: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:12 am ((PDT))

I tend to agree with most of what Paul had to say, The SQN is in my opinion=
 one of the best portable mixers that you can buy. I'm a TV sound guy in my=
 day job and that's why I tend to use the SQN, mainly due to the fantastic =
preamps/limiter and after sales service. Over the years I've had several mo=
ds done and recently before the mixer was returned the director of the comp=
any phoned me to say hi and make sure all the repairs/mods requested were c=
orrect. Never had that before... 380GBP to bring it back to as new spec and=
 add 4 direct outputs from the mic pres. bargin! (SQN4S series4)

I (now) use a sennheiser mkh40/30 m/s pair via the 5pin xlr into the mixer =
and encode to LR using the on board matrix then output from the unbalanced =
line feed to my "oade super mod" marantz pmd620, works well so far!
The majority of my recordings have been with a Neumann RSM191 mic but I've =
recently moved over to the mkh series just because of the VERY quiet locati=
ons I now tend to visit and don't regret the change.

http://www.sqn.co.uk/old/n4s/SQN4S.html
http://tinyurl.com/2d2aumn (neumann RSM191)
http://tinyurl.com/26ktsrm (oade pmd620)

Save some hard earned dollars/euro/pound and shop here for good used equipm=
ent.
http://www.bblist.co.uk/
http://www.trewaudio.com/consignment/
http://www.pro-sound.com/c/SC.html

Regards,
Grant Finlay
http://naturesounds.co.nz

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: