New member inquiry

Subject: New member inquiry
From: "GP" gary_pumplin
Date: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:53 pm ((PDT))
Greetings, I reside in West Yellowstone Montana and have been retired for 1=
3 years from fire service in the Mid west, moved here for the open spaces a=
nd wildlife.
I photograph around the area and wish to record bison during the rutting pe=
riod.
Investigating equipment capabilities has been interesting and somewhat daun=
ting in the range of choices.
The bison go low, 6Kh or so and recording these base tones combined with ch=
asing birds and other natural sounds finds me seeking your assistance.
Inquiring at the Nature Sounds Society it was suggested Nature recordists m=
ight be a larger more experienced place to start.
So far the Sony PCM10 recorder has been suggested. Inquiries have been made=
 re. a parabolic unit but no answer so far.

Any suggestions or direction will be most appreciated.
Thanks for your attention
Gary pumplin