Birding in Australia and Recording

Subject: Birding in Australia and Recording
From: "Meena Haribal" asiootusloe
Date: Fri Aug 6, 2010 9:14 am ((PDT))
Hello all, =0D
I know many of you here on this list are from Australia or have been to Aus=
tralia and have posted Australian bird songs or info regarding the wildlife=
 there. =0D
=0D
I am visiting Perth for a conference from Sep 26 to Oct 1.  After the meeti=
ng I plan to spend some time recording and observing wildlife. The plan at =
present is to rent a car in Cairns and drive one way to south and end up in=
 Sydney before heading home. The trip would be about 18 days. =0D
Also, when I arrive to Australia, I have couple of days in Sydney. I am als=
o doing a pelagic trip from Wollongong at the end of the trip. =0D
=0D
For me most of the wildlife would be new, except for those found throughout=
 Asia, especially if their range is into India. =0D
=0D
I would appreciate any suggestions as to which places to visit and record w=
ould be wonderful. Also, if some local nature recordists around the places =
we plan to visit would be interested in sharing their good local spots and =
take us around. It would be great to have interactions with local naturalis=
ts.=0D
=0D
I have some species which I am very keen on seeing. =0D
=0D
Please email me directly at  if you have any suggestions or=
 otherwise.=0D
=0D
Thanks in advance.  =0D
=0D