5. Re: Looking for a sound recorder on a tight budget

Subject: 5. Re: Looking for a sound recorder on a tight budget
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:28 pm ((PDT))
At 7:26 AM +1000 7/1/10, vickipowys wrote:
>Rob,
>
>From your comment below, are you saying that the M10 is noisier than
>the D50? Just curious.

Hi Vicki--

Yes, based mostly on Raimund's measurements and a couple of other
indicators.  http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm

But, unlike the D50, I don't recall hearing tests people have done
with very low noise mics running through an Art Phantom or Rolls into
an M10. What the -4dBu difference or the M10's input noise sounds
like would tell us even more. Rob D.