Re: Sony PCM-M10 $199 at B&H

Subject: Re: Sony PCM-M10 $199 at B&H
From: "Jeremiah Moore" jeremiahmoore99
Date: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:06 pm ((PDT))
Mainly it's about service.  You local pro dealer can - For instance:

 - help you navigate product choices in a knowledgeable manner
 - arrange for you to evaluate equipment in your own studio, or on location
 - Provide a quick answer via a single phone call when time is of the
essence (ex: what current video card works best with pro tools?)
 - Keep you in touch with what's going on in the community. (ex: a friend
found his new studio by letting the local gear dealer know he was looking
for one.)
 - Put together packages including all appropriate cabling etc
 - Offer support for what they sell
 - Arrange demo licenses for software etc, sometimes more easily than you
can do it yourself.
 - Operate a showroom where you can go listen to monitor speakers, etc etc.
 - Provide a local place to pick up last-minute necessities like an adapter=
,
special cable or battery, tape stock (remember that?) etc.

The internet has taken over many of these roles - much of which is a great
thing.  But there's still a place for high-touch service, particularly in
the professional world where your reputation rests on coming through for th=
job every time.

-jeremiah

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 3:37 PM, clay <> wrote:

> B&H IS my local dealer, but I am curious how you think a local pro audio
> dealer can help me in ways B&H "never could".
>
> thanks for the heads-up Oryoki.
>
> clay
>
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Jeremiah Moore <<=
jmoore%40northstation.net>
> >wrote:
>

> > Whew! Including the windscreen, I paid twice that for mine, from the
> local
> > pro audio dealer, within the first few weeks of thier availability.
> >
> > (Of course I still do suggest you go local when you can -- your local
> > dealer
> > can help you out in ways B&H never could.)
> >
> > I must say, I like mine.
> >
> > -jeremiah
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Curt Olson <<cro=
%40trackseventeen.com>

> > wrote:
> >

> > > Thank you for this heads-up, oryoki!
> > >
> > > At $299.00 I was resisting. I could still manage without it, but at
> > > this price point the unit's incredible battery life sold me.
> > >
> > > Curt Olson

> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/638090-REG/Sony_PCM_M10_BLACK_PCM_M=
Message: 10_Portable_Audio_Recorder.
Subject: html

> > --

> > jeremiah moore | SOUND | <jmoore%40northstation.=
net>