Re: 3032vs4022 self-noise, HDP2vsDR680 input noise

Subject: Re: 3032vs4022 self-noise, HDP2vsDR680 input noise
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sat May 29, 2010 12:10 pm ((PDT))
At 5:25 PM +1000 5/29/10, Paul Jacobson wrote:
>The Boundary array recording doesn't have the ticking but the clip
>you used in the comparison does, so obviously it was an
>environmental sound.

Paul Dickinson responded to me:

>There is a security system, and it was turned on around the time
>that the recordings were made- but the system did not extend to the
>room I was in, and it would have to be acoustically very loud to
>carry into that room, with all the treatment and separation. Halogen
>lights? DR-680 power supply? Cell phone? DR-680 data write?
>
>-pd

Seems like a good list of suspects to me.  Its my fault for not
suggesting only running on DC, turning off all room lights,.. no cell
phones.  Same rules as in the woods. Rob D.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: