Re: binaural mic choices

Subject: Re: binaural mic choices
From: "Hector Centeno" hmcenteno
Date: Sat May 22, 2010 8:52 am ((PDT))
Hello,

I did also buy the Microphone Madness ones with Sennheiser capsules and I can
say they are indeed not too bad except that they are very noisy for quiet
environments. I then came across Mike Rooke's MM1 capsules ( pipmics.com )
which resulted to be much better, ultra quiet and in general much better
sounding than the Sennheiser. I think you can get the raw capsules or the
capsules already mounted in in-ear earbuds. Some sample recordings:

http://www.hcenteno.net/sound_map/audio/kids_wychwood.mp3
http://www.hcenteno.net/sound_map/audio/rail_crossing.mp3

Cheers,

Hector