Re: Recommendation for recording dawn choruses in Upstate NY

Subject: Re: Recommendation for recording dawn choruses in Upstate NY
From: "Wil Hershberger" wil_hershber=
ger
Date: Tue May 18, 2010 2:43 pm ((PDT))

I would love to hear your recording. Have you posted it anywhere?
Thanks,

Wil Hershberger
Nature Images and Sounds, LLC
Hedgesville, WV
The Songs of Insects
My Blog

On May 18, 2010, at 5:32 PM, corticalsongs wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I ultimately settled on a old b=
irder's favorite: Ferd's Bog in the Adirondacks. The particular night I cho=
se was cool and a little drizzly, but did give way to a very nice chorus (w=
hich I will post presently) - especially with regards to the woodpeckers.

> For those who have not been, the Adirondacks is absolutely stunning. It i=
s still early in the season and there are no crowds. It is about the quiete=
st place I have been on the East Coast with so many potential recording loc=
ations that it truly warrants an expedition over many weeks in the spring. =
It was so quiet there in fact that the noise in my recorders mic preamps we=
re on display in their full glory - an event that had me post the recorder =
on eBay the very next day (it has sold).