Zoom H4n as a 4-track recorder

Subject: Zoom H4n as a 4-track recorder
From: "maxfrick78" maxfrick78
Date: Thu May 13, 2010 3:47 am ((PDT))
Hello group,

there a more and more multichannel SD-card-recorders coming and I guess in =
about 2 years we'll have a lot to choose from and good prices. But until th=
en I thought about using the Zoom H4n for basic 4-track recording, since yo=
u can use it with 4 external mics.

I've searched the forum and people say that the XLR-preamps are 'too noisy'=
. Did anyone do the real-life test, like Rob often does (NT1-A with ART pha=
ntom into H4n, compared to the setup with a Sony HiMD recorder or something=
 like that)?

I looked for it but couldn't find it, forgive me if I missed something. If =
it really doesn't exist yet I'll create the example if I by the H4n.

greets,
Max