Re: [Nature Recordists] Boom pole technique and the Rode Blimp.

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Boom pole technique and the Rode Blimp.
From: Mike Rooke <>
=C2=A0
Moi Antti,
Ive abandoned the NT4, mounted a dummy head on a rode SM2 shock mount with =
a layer of elastic silicone between the base of the head and the mount. On =
the rode boom pole theres hardly any vibration pickup either tapping the po=
le or placing the pole on the floor and stamping my feet. Much better, but =
different mic's omni's vs cardioids and three layers of shock absorption. P=
ole handling noise is none existent beyond the noise the head receives via =
its ears not down the pole... The SM2 also allows the angle from the pole t=
o the head to be varied a little. I might home brew something similar with =
reduced dimensions, the sm5 is rather large.

T.
Mike.