Re: Greater Sage Grouse

Subject: Re: Greater Sage Grouse
From: "Kevin Colver" kjcolver
Date: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:59 pm ((PDT))
The birds are beginning to taper off at the lek already.  I suspect
mid-June will be fairly slow but, if the altitude is higher there,
there might be a chance of some late activity.  They usually display
during the pre-dawn, dispersing soon after sunrise.  If you arrive in
the morning you may scatter them for the day.  It's better to place
the mic the evening before on a long cord to a blind and not disturb
the birds from then on.

Kevin