Re: new "-phony" classes >> was::Re: [Nature Recordists] Red-winged

Subject: Re: new "-phony" classes >> was::Re: [Nature Recordists] Red-winged
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:41 pm ((PDT))
Sorry, Greg. The work is under NDA so I can't reveal the t-cell effort
just yet. But it should be published at some point. As for the other
virus, you might be able to get that from the paper's author cited in
my early note.

Bernie

On Apr 22, 2010, at 2:33 PM, Gregory O'Drobinak wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I do believe that mycology is the study of fungi, so one would
> assume that "mycophony" would be the sound generated by mushrooms or
> something similar. So I don't think that Aaron's term is a good fit
> for plant sounds in general; people might get confused as to what
> you really mean.
>
> Perhaps you could use the term "botaphony" or maybe "botanophony".
> In either case, you'd have to clue many folks into the meaning and
> intent of the term in order to have it assimilated in any general
> manner.
>
> I would definitely like to hear more sounds made by plants. The
> subject of sounds from corn growing has been mentioned by several of
> my friends and my brother-in-law has heard sounds from watermelons
> growing on his grandfather's farm, but I have never heard either of
> these sounds. The good news is that I have some new mics & the
> growing season is yet to come, so I have some time to get prepared
> for it!
>
> Bernie, do you have any virus or T-cell sound files that you can
> share?
>
> Take care,
>
> Greg
>

> ________________________________

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
707-996-6677
http://www.wildsanctuary.com

Google Earth zooms: http://earth.wildsanctuary.com
SKYPE: biophony

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: