Re: Some prescient words from Murray Schafer

Subject: Re: Some prescient words from Murray Schafer
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 pm ((PDT))
Wow, that is fascinating Bernie!

I suppose that when an 'idiot' is out recording, he or she must
remember one critical point, to always name the place and date where
the recording was made, preferably with a spoken reference on the
original recording.

In various bird song studies, I have analyzed some old recordings
made 40-50 years ago, and those where the recordist has clearly
stated where and when, are infinitely more valuable than those where
no documentation is given.

Vicki