NT1-A

Subject: NT1-A
From: "Wolodymyr Smishkewych" wjsmish=
Date: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:05 am ((PDT))

Hi everyone,

How interesting that there is more than one "Vlad" on the list (Hi Vlad Kos=
arev!)--I tend not to run into many with my name in south central Indiana.

I recently found a R=F8de NT1-A in VG condition at a local shop for $149. I=
 am considering adding it to my mic collection since it is, I think, a step=
 up from the MXL 990s I have. However, it's only one NT1-A so at some point=
 I'd want to pair it up.

What advice would you give this noob--keep the NT1-A and phase out the MXLs=
, or pass on it and either wait until a matched NT1-A pair can be located o=
r try for a higher mic later, and just live with what I have? At the moment=
 that means two AT4022 omni condensers, two Sony ECM-77B lavs, for use with=
 the Fostex Fr-2le. A R=F8de VideoMic shotgun, an AT 3350 lav and a Sony EC=
M-MS907 as 1/8" jack backups to either MD, the M Audio Microtrack and for d=
irect to camera. I think I am probably OK for now? Since I am looking to be=
 able to use this for field nature recording as well as live performance an=
d video docs, I am looking to have a compact array but flexible as well.

On a separate note: a Uher 4400 Stereo IC just made its way to me via ebay,=
 so I'll update any analogue recording buffs out there as to how things go =
with it!

all best,
Vlad

Wolodymyr Smishkewych