Re: Infrasound recorder

Subject: Re: Infrasound recorder
From: "Eric Benjamin" ericbenjamin2
Date: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:58 pm ((PST))
Gopi,

I haven't tested a Fostex FR2, so I have no comments on that.  The result for a
Microtrack 2496 was done on the initial version released so I don't know for
sure whether the revised model has the same response.  But I have no reason to
think that it doesn't have the same response as the original model.

There's nothing in principle that prevents the response of a digital recorder
from going as low as you would like it to go.  If one were to design the
recorder with a single coupling capacitor and a target specification of -1 dB
at 20 Hz, then it would be -3 dB at 10 Hz.  And that seems to happen fairly
frequently.