Re: Tascam DR-2d offers 4 channel recording

Subject: Re: Tascam DR-2d offers 4 channel recording
From: "Richard L. Hess" richardlhess
Date: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:17 pm ((PST))
At 05:44 PM 2010-02-19, Rob Danielson wrote:
>At 6:53 AM +0000 2/18/10, oryoki2000 wrote:
>
> >  ... Dual record also can be set to capture stereo mic inputs and
> >line input at the same time, effectively making the DR-2d a four
> >channel recorder.

>I wasn't able to find mention of the mic and line inputs being
>accessible at the same time and two stereo tracks being created. I
>see the over-dubbing and mixing of mic and line inputs into one
>stereo track,  http://www.tascam.com/i-3890-232-128-0-09E8C168.pdf
>There must be a trick I'm missing.

Hi, Rob,

Please look on page 44 under Dual Recording--there are multiple
modes. Presumably the external mic jack will work, but they are not specific.

I, too, am looking for a good 4-channel recorder that won't break the
bank. The Zoom H2 is presumably modifiable, but something like this
could be better out of the box for not much more money.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess
Aurora, Ontario, Canada       http://www.richardhess.com/