Re: Tascam DR-2d offers 4 channel recording

Subject: Re: Tascam DR-2d offers 4 channel recording
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:47 pm ((PST))
At 6:53 AM +0000 2/18/10, oryoki2000 wrote:

>  ... Dual record also can be set to capture stereo mic inputs and
>line input at the same time, effectively making the DR-2d a four
>channel recorder.
>
>The DR-2d has two settings to mix 4 channels down to two. The first
>combines mic inputs with an existing file (overdubbing). The second
>combines mic inputs with the line input signals to create one stereo
>file.

I wasn't able to find mention of the mic and line inputs being
accessible at the same time and two stereo tracks being created. I
see the over-dubbing and mixing of mic and line inputs into one
stereo track,  http://www.tascam.com/i-3890-232-128-0-09E8C168.pdf
There must be a trick I'm missing.

If only they'd make a $300 pocket corder with 4 _line_ inputs-- then
we'd be able to add a good mic pre for $600,..  Rob D.

>The DR-2d replaces the DR-1 in Tascam's line. The list price is $299
>USD, but one vendor is already offering the DR-2d for $199. Others
>are certain to follow. The DR-1 is discounted to $179, and will fall
>lower as the DR-2d starts to appear at retail outlets.
>
>Read about the DR-2d here
><http://www.tascam.com/products/dr-2d.html>http://www.tascam.com/products/dr-2d.html
>
>Tascam's other pocket-size recorder, the DR-07, is replaced by the
>DR-08. The DR-1, DR-2d, DR-07 and DR-08 all appear to share the same
>internal mics and preamp. The preamp is relatively noisy, so these
>machines are not the best choice for capturing quiet ambience.
>
>--oryoki

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: