Re: BTS: Ramblings BBC4 video clip that includes the audio recordi

Subject: Re: BTS: Ramblings BBC4 video clip that includes the audio recordi
From: "jtudor2005" jtudor2005
Date: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:01 pm ((PST))

--- In  Richard Folwell <> wrote:

> Have I missed anything important?  Am just starting with audio recording
> and am keen to learn as much as I can.

The 'recordist' didn't seem to anticipate that the conversation was between two
people. The boom would be on one person and then the other person would answer,
THEN the boom would be moved over there. Also, although the boom was moved, it
was rarely rotated to point the business end at the voice. A lot of the talking
seems 'off axis' to the boom