Re: Normalizing calls in AviSoft

Subject: Re: Normalizing calls in AviSoft
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 am ((PST))
Steve Pelikan wrote:

> Could you perhaps compare spectrograms instead using some sort of correlation
> coefficient? (This has worked pretty well for me in the past)

Yep, simple spectrogram cross-correlations can work surprisingly well
(sometimes much better than certain sophisticated patented digital signal
processing algorithms...). In Avisoft, this kind of correlation is available in
the separate CORRELATOR application or in SASLab Pro in the commands
"Analyze"/"Specials"/"Detect and classify waveform events..." or
"Analyze"/"Specials"/"Scan for template spectrogram patterns..."

Regards,
Raimund