Re: Normalizing calls in AviSoft

Subject: Re: Normalizing calls in AviSoft
From: "Steve Pelikan" pelikan45224
Date: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:48 pm ((PST))
I don't think that normalizing the sound before transforming will ensure that
the transforms (spectrograms) will all have the same maximum amplitude. The
best you can know is something like along the lines of "the sum of the squares
of all the amplitudes is the same as the sum of the squares of all the
transform's coefficients." So the max's don't have to be the same; to obtain
that you'd need to normalize after transforming.

SP