Re: Keeping recording system warm in cold temps?

Subject: Re: Keeping recording system warm in cold temps?
From: "ESP" eric_v_s43420
Date: Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:26 pm ((PST))
Thomas;

I can chime in on this.  Return the favor for when you responded to me about
insect vibration many, many moons ago.  You was in Missouri?  I appreciated it.

Anyhow.  I'd try some of the suggestions from others except the hand warmer
option inside a closed container.  I believe it would get way too warm.

In Nov 2008 I spent a month in Ohio running sound for a 35mm movie.  I'd use
one of those heat packets on top of the mixer and recorder in a cardboard box
with the from flaps open.  When I wasn't, I'd close the flaps.  The equipment
stayed plenty warm.  I suppose the outside temps were in the 20s with snow.
And we'd be out all night long - crazy schedules.  But beautiful snowfalls.

I'd always thought a hand warmer or heat stick in an insulated cooler would
work.  But now, I would be cautious about too much heat if unattended.  Unless
it got arctic conditions cold.