Re: QuickTime- State of Media Sharing Practices

Subject: Re: QuickTime- State of Media Sharing Practices
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 am ((PDT))
Hi Paul

The way I look at these things I could be a very old man before you get eve=
rybody to agree on a standard, so we=A0have to=A0live with it and make do. =
And=A0I do my best to 'make do' and so=A0I make sure I have the codex's nec=
essary to view or listen to most of the formats I come across on the web.

Trying your 'test page' I found that on my MacBook Pro and my Windoze PC ru=
nning Safari on both as the browser with the appropriate=A0codex's loaded I=
 could listen to all your examples with no problem. So although we do have =
an ideal situation as regards embeding media into web pages we can make sur=
e we can play most of=A0them by having the right software in place.

So all I was trying to show was that if embeded media is not working for yo=
u it can be made to work, then everyone can share in the wonderful sounds t=
here are.

Phil